


I thought I'd put one of my poems onto my blog as it's Christmas. I had to look back through my poetry files to find it. It was in the one for 1998. There's one about Christmas food but it goes on a bit and needs editing. This year I haven't sent any cards but I've received some and my Christmas letter from Australia. I love getting that letter as it tells all the news of the family over the year and has photos of the three offspring too, not shiny photos now but printed from the computer. But the letter still comes by snail mail.
So tomorrow I will be putting a chicken into the oven and doing roast potatoes and parsnips and pigs in blankets. Lovely. The pudding will be apple crumble, not my choice, but its fine. I have got a pudding for myself for other days. I think it will take a while to get through it.
Christmas is coming
Like a train
Thundering on a track
On course
Steaming
Making for a destination.
It comes with lights
Slung out
And nights strung out
And parties
And greetings
And meetings
It comes with shopping
The brakes just stopping
To rein it in.
16.12.98
These pictures aren't going where I want them but I will just have to learn how to make my blog look pretty by experimenting.
Yesterday I discovered some wonderful photos so I wrote some comments and I got an email back from the photographer. Here is the link:-
http://www.emiliewood.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment